Ethertronics is seeking highly qualified candidates with strong RF engineering and wireless systems backgrounds to help deliver breakthrough smart radio system technology for wireless broadband and IoT applications. We are a dynamic post-revenue venture capital backed startup working aggressively to bring our breakthrough radio system technology and wireless IC solutions to market. This position has responsibility for working directly with IC circuit design engineers to create effective IC physical layouts. Products include state-of-the-art RFICs switches and Front End Modules (FEMs) in advanced semiconductor technologies for various markets using WiFi, Cellular and other standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Product floorplanning
- Cell and top level physical layout
- Cell and top level verification (LVS, DRC, ERC)
- Cell and top level LPE
- Includes new products and modifications to existing products
- Develop layout solutions for new products within size, performance, and schedule constraints
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements
o IC layout fundamentals
o Cadence Virtuoso physical design tools and environment
o Layout technique for RF and analog issues such as capacitive and inductive coupling, matching, WPE, etc.
o Analog and data conversion design, small and large signal simulation, layout, verification and evaluation
- Ability to effectively floorplan RF and mixed signal blocks
- Knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts physical implementations
- Familiarity with top down digital physical design techniques (P&R, timing driven layout, clock tress synthesis, etc.), as well as the ability to insert blocks from these processes into mixed signal designs.
Highly Valued Traits
- Affinity for startup environments
- Strong experience developing analog/RF/mixed signal ICs in modern CMOS technology
- Experience with CMOS and CMOS-SOI technologies
- Excellent communication skills, including clear and complete documentation
- Experience developing ICs to ship in high volume
- Curiosity in innovation with a passion for taking product ideas to volume production
- Team player with strong sense of urgency to complete projects on time
- Ability to effectively plan complex layout projects
- Strong IC layout fundamentals and ability to use them correctly and creatively
- Experience with various layout/productivity tools (Calibre, Assura, PVS, SkillCAD, etc.)
- Ability to create and modify scripts in various languages for productivity (perl, C, SKILL, etc.)
- Basic CAD and unix admin skills to install or debug installations of Cadence (and other) tools and their respective file structures and licenses.
Education and Experience
- Associates minimum, BS/MS-EE/CS pr
- 2+ years industry RFIC layout experience
Ethertronics offers market-based salaries and competitive compensation packages with competitive benefits.
Ethertronics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.