This individual will be responsible for designing and validate wireless parts design and assemblies, from concept to high manufacturing volumes, while maintaining high quality for manufacturability. In addition to the above duties, this person will be responsible for managing & sustaining engineering projects, which will include developing; tools development schedules, drawing packages, bills of materials and Structure FEA. A self-directed individual with strong communication skills and the ability to multitask is desired.
This person must have a minimum of 5 years of Mechanical design experience in the area of electronic industry working with CAD tools designing sheet metal, and plastic parts. A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. Is a requirement that candidate have a proficient knowledge in ProE Wildfire sheet metal, and advance assemblies.
• Knowledge of designing sheet metal parts (progressive and soft tool)
• Knowledge of designing plastic parts for injection molding
• Proficient in PRO Engineer Wilde Fire 2.0, Sheet Metal, Assemblies and Drawings.
• Knowledge of FEA Structural analysis (Pro-Mechanica preferred).
• Knowledge in GD&T stack-up tolerance analysis.
• Prototype metal and plastics using CNC CAD/CAM and hand tools (a plus).
• Proficient in use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
• Good communication skills
• Flexibility in work approach to deal appropriately with tight timelines and changing priorities
• 5 years minimum design and development experience (in electronic industry)
• Proficient in PRO Engineer Wild Fire 2.0 Solid and Sheet Metal
• Experience in plastic and sheet metal design.
Ethertronics offers market-based salaries and competitive compensation packages with competitive benefits.
Ethertronics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.